Vendors would move-in from 7:00 am until 10:00 am on Saturday, November 3rd
. Tentatively, vendors would enter through 9th
Street with vendor spaces located on Shepard Street between 9th
Streets. Vendors should be ready to serve beginning at 11:00 am
. Vehicles will not be allowed on the streets until 11:00 pm.
Should your restaurant or non-profit organization be approved we will contact you after for payment.
In order to off-set the cost of producing this event, please see the following fee structure:
Non-profit Organization - $50.00
Local Restaurants & Food Trucks - $100.00
Should you need electrical, the Festival can provide up to 2 – 120 volt outlets. Should additional electrical be required, additional fees may be incurred. Food trucks are encouraged to utilize their generators.
Morehead City Fire Department
4034 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557
“COMMUNITY BEFORE SELF”
To: All Vendors
The following rules shall be adhered to during setup and operation at any festival or event that is held within the City limits (including the ETJ) of Morehead City.
1. No cylinders or tanks shall be used within a tent or a building.
2. Always position cylinders and tanks so that the pressure relief valve points away from areas where points of ignition, tent openings, and where people may gather.
3. Keep cylinders in an upright position at all times. Place on firm ground or footing and secure tanks.
4. Protect and secure all gas tubing and piping from vehicle and foot traffic.
5. All tanks and cylinders must be a minimum of ten (10) feet from any ignition source.
6. Use only regulators, valves, piping, fittings, and hose designed for use with propane gas.
7. All thermostatically controlled appliances are to be equipped with safety shutoff controls. Check for proper working order before using.
8. All cylinders and tanks MUST be plugged when NOT in use.
9. All cylinders and tanks shall be checked for leaks before use and after each cylinder or tank is changed. Leak checks shall be done with a soap and water solution.
1. Only UL listed equipment shall be used.
2. Electrical extension cords shall be grounded (with the grounding plug present) OR be “Double Insulated”.The cords must be in good condition, and of proper size for application being used.
3. Protect all electrical extension cords from vehicle and foot traffic. All cords shall be taped or covered to prevent tripping hazards.
4. Devices and electrical cords with “surge protection” are encouraged for all electrical use.
5. GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter) devices are encouraged (may be required by the building inspector)
1. All vendors (regardless of the nature of their booth)shall have a minimum size five (5) lb. ABC dry chemical extinguisher on hand that is full and has been serviced in the last twelve (12) months with tag of the Service Company or if new, indicate date of purchase within the past 12 months.
2. All vendors that cook with grease or have deep fat fryers shall have a Class K fire extinguisher on hand that is full and has been serviced in the last twelve (12) months with tag of the Service Company.
3. All vendors involved in cooking operations (cooking with grease or have deep fat fryers) MUST have BOTH a Class “K” extinguisher and an “ABC” Class extinguisher.
1. All cylinders and tanks stored or used shall be chained or otherwise secured to prevent them from falling or tipping over.
2. Any Flammable or Combustible liquids (gasoline, diesel, kerosene) used shall be stored in approved containers and be placed a minimum of fifty (50) feet from any heat/ignition sources.
1. ALL tents involved in cooking operations OR are located adjacent to cooking operations must display a flame propagation seal permanently attached to the tent fabric. Exception: Tents NOT involved in cooking operations and are located a minimum of 20 feet from adjacent tents involved in cooking operations and are exempt from the permit requirement (tents less than the minimum square footage requiring permits) will be exempt from the flame
2. Tents and membrane structures having an area in excess of 400 square feet (with at least one side enclosed OR ALL tents 700 square feet or larger) and canopies in excess of 400 square feet shall not be erected, operated or maintained for any purpose without first obtaining approval and a permit from the fire code official.
Exceptions: Fabric canopies open on all sides which comply with all of the following:
•Individual canopies having a maximum size of 700 square feet
•The aggregate area of multiple canopies placed side by side without a fire break clearance of 12 feet, not exceeding 700 square feet
•A minimum clearance of 12 feet to all structures and other tents
3. All tents greater than seven hundred (700) square feet shall have a permit issued prior to being erected.
4. Tents with sides enclosed greater than 400 square feet shall require a permit
5. There shall be a minimum of five (5) feet between each tent. (All tents to include those less than seven hundred (700) square feet)
6. Means of Egress:
•Exits shall be spaced at approximately equal intervals around the perimeter of the tent, canopy or membrane structure and located such that all points are 100 feet or less from an exit.
•Number. Tents, canopies, or membrane structures or a usable portion thereof shall have at least one exit and not less than the number of exits required as follows:
Occupant Load Minimum Number of Means of Egress Minimum Width of Each Means of Egress
(Tent or Canopy) (Membrane Structure)
10-199 2 72 inches 36 inches
200-4993 72 inches 72 inches
500-999 4 96 inches 72 inches
1000-1999 5 120 inches 96 inches
•Exit Signs. Exits shall be clearly marked. Exit signs shall be installed at required exit doorways and where otherwise necessary to indicate clearly the direction of egress when the exit serves an occupant load of 50 or more.
•Exit Sign Illumination. Exit signs shall be of an approved self-luminous type or shall be internally or externally illuminated by luminaires.
•Means of egress illumination. Means of egress shall be illuminated with lighting having an intensity of not less than 1 foot-candle at floor level while the structure is occupied
7. Please reference the North Carolina Fire Prevention Code, chapter 24, “Tents, Canopies and other Membrane Structures”.
All vendors will be checked for compliance prior to event and activities
All vendors MUST receive an inspection (indicating vendor is approved) by the Fire Dept. with an approved seal affixed on the vendor display placard (issued by the NC Seafood Festival and included within the vendor packet) prior to the start of the Festival.