Shrimp and creamy pumpkin grits with braised pork and sweet potato chips
1 cup course yellow grits
2 cups water
2 cups milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 cups small diced pumpkin
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar
“Pumpkin grits directions”
1. Heat the water, milk and heavy cream in heavy bottom saucepan until just simmering.
2. Stir grits and pumpkin into simmering water, milk and heavy cream. Cook stirring often, until the grits are tender to the bite and have thickened to the consistency of thick oatmeal and pumpkin pieces are tender. As the grits thicken, stir them more often to keep from sticking or scorching. Regular grits cook in in 20 minutes. Note: Stone-ground grits cook in about one hour and need additional milk and water.
3 Season the pumpkin grits to taste cover and remove from heat and let rest.
1 1/2 lb. Cleaned Shrimp ( peel and devein)
3 garlic cloves (chopped)
1 medium onion (small diced)
1/2 lb. butter
2 jalapeños ( seeded and small diced)
6 mushrooms sliced thin
1 cup Tomato gravy ( any simple tomato gravy recipe will do)
2 Green onions thinly sliced
1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
“Sauté shrimp directions”
* Heat large skillet, add butter, garlic, diced onions, mushrooms and jalapeños. Cook medium heat until onions are translucent , add shrimp, salt and pepper
Add half cup of tomato gravy and cook shrimp until pink ,( be sure not to overcook).
“Shrimp and grits presentation”
* Scoop a layer of cooked grits on the plate, sprinkle grated sharp cheddar cheese and add another layer of grits. With large spoon place shrimp and gravy on top of grits and garnish the dish with braised pork green onions and sweet potato chips.
* For the cider braided pork shoulder follow or use your favorite recipe.
* For the sweet potato chips follow recipe or buy good quality all natural sweet potato chips.
No related posts.
Filed Under: News & Events